I am genuinely so excited to be writing about this, because it is something that has been on my heart for forever!
Have you heard of the new movie called ‘ Priceless?’ This movie stars some of the members of the ‘ For King and Country,’ Christian band. Lemme just tell ya, if you haven’t heard their music or haven’t seen them live, do it NOW. They are a blessing to everyone, and i mean EVERYONE.
This movie is about a widowed man who loses custody of his daughter and finds himself unable to hold down a decent job in order to fight to get her back. In hopes that he would regain custody of his daughter, he begins doing a task for a man. The task was to drive a giant semi across the country, but he wasn’t allowed look inside the semi. He was desperately in need of cash, so he took up the offer. Later on, he finds out it’s two women in the back of the semi, not some random imported drugs of some sort.
Now, I haven’t seen this movie, but I went to a early book signing/pre-screening of it with some friends a few months ago. There the band talked about how they came up with the movie and that it’s basically off of their song called, ‘ Priceless.’ Both the song and the movie talk about how women are priceless and are to be cherished. That’s basically what the whole band of ‘ For Kind and Country,’ is all about, and I love them for that. Seriously though, if you ever have the chance to see them live, do it, it’s pretty comparable to seeing Skillet live.
Anyway so onto the main points of how to stick to your guns as a Christian girl in the real world.
- Don’t forget you are literally PRICELESS. You know why? It’s because Jesus has already paid a million thousand trillion ways for you. He willing turned himself in to be killed by sinners just like you and me, to die for you and me. He died for the people who hung him on the cross. He died for the person who plunged the sword into his side, finishing Jesus off. The world will try so freaking hard to tell you that you’re worthless. It’s just so easy to give in and listen to those words that people will say about you. It’s so easy to get caught up in the latest drama, and to believe that if you’re not Kim K or Gigi Hadid then you’re not important, you’re not worthy, you’re not anybody. But guess what, I’ve got news for you, you’re priceless and you’re worthy, and you’re somebody so let that just blow your mind. ( insert weird exploding noise ) Mind. Blown.
- Proverbs 3:15: She is more precious than jewels; And nothing you desire compares with her.
- You’re already made perfect. Okay, how many of you follow at least one makeup account on Instagram, tumblr, twitter, or Youtube? Mhm, yeah I know you do. Makeup accounts and makeup in general is so incredibly popular right now. I remember when I was starting out doing my makeup and learning new things when I was 12. I had started my first YouTube channel and guess what? It was a makeup channel! Even the more popular girls I would be watching then, the most subscribers they would have was like 50,000. Which that is still great, further than I’ve ever gotten of course, but now there’s beauty gurus with over 100 MIlLLION subscribers. Quiet a jump. Don’t get me wrong, I love makeup. It is so much fun to put whatever color, pattern, shapes on your face whenever you want. Sure, I put makeup on to enhance my best features and to enhance the ones i’m not too keen about, but sometimes ladies will go to the EXTREME to be caught up with the latest makeup trends. Girls these days be looking like a Bratz doll let me just tell you. Okay, let’s think about this. Big lips are in, insta brows, high cheekbones, perfect jawline, pin straight nose, faux beauty marks. I even inserted a picture of a Bratz doll in case you weren’t privileged enough to grow up with these things. Just take a moment, look at that doll. I see a few trends there, don’t you? I can think of a lot of popular people who are all about the lips and the browz. Now, there’s nothing wrong with slaying the game however you want, as long as you’re doing it for fun and not because you feel like you have to. I have a lot of friends and just girls I follow on social media who are like ” Ugh my eyebrows are so thin, why can’t I have full ones like hers.” I have been guilty myself. My point is, don’t do makeup because you feel like you HAVE to. If you’re happy with how you look, don’t go spending tons of money on it if you feel Gucci bout yo self. Sometimes, i’d rather spend my makeup money on clothes or frozen yogurt to be honest. That’s only sometimes though, but usually I choose makeup over those things because I love the creativity of it, not that I feel like it’s a chore I have to accomplish. Also, don’t be scared to go out of the house without makeup on. For the longest of time I would put a full face of makeup on just to run to the grocery store with my mom. Ridiculous. I only did that because I had felt like I had to. Now, you’ll see me in sweatpants in the winter, and then baggy too big shirts with athletic shorts and Choco’s in the summer! No makeup at all! That’s cause I’ve learned to love myself the way I was made. Yeah, I still look at myself some days and I’m like geez Hannah, why is your skin so red, why are your eyebrows so sparse, why aren’t your lashes longer. When you realize that God spent time on crafting you like a crafting person creates details on a doll, even these Bratz dolls, that’s when you can start loving yourself. Genesis 1:27 – So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
- Don’t settle for a guy who’s sorta for Jesus. This is pretty self explanatory in my opinion, but let’s talk about it just a lil bit. So you’re a Christian girl, you’ve got a heart for God, and one day you meet this super cute guy who sort of believes in God ya know, but I mean he’s really nice, sure yeah he has a few bad habits, he cusses a lot, but I mean he says he kind of believes in God so it’s fine right? Hunty, I wish it was fine but it’s not, and I’ve experienced this first hand. Those words were actually my words before I started to cherish myself more and realized who I date now, has to be somebody who has the characteristics of the Husband I want to lead my family in the future with me. Just think about it. You’re told all the time to choose your friends wisely because they can be toxic to you and keep you from getting closer to God. Well, that’s the same with your girlfriend/boyfriend. They can be toxic to you as well, and even more so in some cases. A lot of girls think they can put the God in the man, but the man has to will the God into him. I would save yourself a lot of heartbreak and only date somebody who has the traits you’d want in your future husband. 1 Corinthians 11:3
But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.
- Let’s get down to the dirty. I mean ‘ew dirty’ like, nobody wants to talk about this but that’s what I’m here for! I’m here to talk about what nobody wants to talk about and what everybody kind of puts in the back of their mind to only be reminded of it every so often on Sundays! What’s the number one thing that’s always on magazines in the grocery store while you’re waiting for a You scan? Sex. Yeah it’s the S word. A lot of people think that it’s not a big deal to wait before marriage, but it is a huge deal. Think about it, when you’re that close to somebody that hasn’t promised themselves to you, and you them, they could walk up and away any time they want. Then you’re left without them, there is going to be tons of emotional scarring enough already from them leaving, but also because they know you so intimate that you’re going to feel like not only are they gone, but a whole different part of you is gone. You may think it won’t effect you, but trust me it will. I personally am waiting for marriage, and I think it’s something that not only God wants for me, but something I have set a goal for myself and is a way of protecting my heart. When you’re married, you’ve promised each other to be there all the time, to be each other’s half, to join as one flesh. It’s not as easy to up and leave a marriage as it is to leave a basic girlfriend/boyfriend relationship. Think about it, how many people are going to be willing to go through all that trouble of marrying somebody that they aren’t die hard in love with. Just about nobody is going to go through all that planning and trouble if they’re not marrying the one they want for the rest of their lives. A lot of people are scared of commitment as well, which will not result in a healthy relationship in the end if you give yourself away like that. I hope this is making some sense. I didn’t want to just throw at you that sex before marriage is a sin, because meanwhile that’s true, it doesn’t explain why so, or why God doesn’t want that for you. He wants you to wait, because he cares for your heart. He doesn’t want to see it broken. 1 Thessalonians 4:33 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality;I hope this was useful to you somehow! Those aren’t even all the points that I could’ve gone into, but this post has gotten long enough already lol. If you’ve made it this far, thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I really have poured my heart into this blog and I aim to help others with it. It’s kind of like mini online preaching I suppose. Minus the preaching part. More like Sharing, yeah we’ll go with that. Anyway, y’all have a blessed day and don’t forget to comment your thoughts down below! Feel free to ask me any questions you have and leave suggestions of other blog topics!
– Hannah xoxo
Ecclesiastes 8:15 So I recommend the enjoyment of life, for there is nothing better on earth for a person to do except to eat, drink, and enjoy life. So joy will accompany him in his toil during the days of his life which God gives him on earth.